New Product Launch
Most new product launches fail—95% according to AccuPoll. So launching a new product can be a daunting endeavor.
Start at the Finish Line: Focus on Your Target
With new product development marketing, the focus should be on your target consumer. Start with a consumer deep dive, then think about your consumer as you build your brand and your launch plan.
When developing your brand, ask yourself:
- How will the target interact with your brand?
- What role will the brand play in your consumer’s lifestyle?
- What’s meaningful to them – and how can your brand connect to that?
- What out-of-category brands appeal to your consumer, and what inspiration and key insights can you draw from them?
When developing your new product launch plan, think about:
- What does your target do every day? Where are the touchpoints that you could use to connect with them?
- What non-branded content excites your target? How can you use it as creative inspiration?
- What types of things get your consumers talking? How can you leverage those to get them buzzing about your brand launch?
A Smart Plan in Action
So what do the 5% of brands that succeed have in common? Relevancy. They are meaningful to their target consumer.
Develop your brand and your launch plan with a focus on the consumer, from engaging creative to strategic use of new technology and social media, and you’ll have the relevancy that’s necessary for a strong launch and longevity.
Launching a new product soon?
Contact us–we'd love to hear about it.